- lundi 7 septembre 2020
Chemonics International Inc.
JOB TITLE: Senior MIS Advisor
JOB LOCATION: Conakry, Guinea
REPORTS TO: Country Director
PROJECT: United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Guinea
The Global Health Supply Chain–Procurement and Supply Management Project (GHSC-PSM),
Guinea is a USAID program implemented by Chemonics International Inc. The purpose of GHSCPSM is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of U.S. governmentfunded public health initiatives around the world. In Guinea, the project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), Population and Reproductive Health (PRH), and Maternal and Child Health (MCH). To support U.S. governmentfunded global health activities, GHSC-PSM manages a wide array of health commodity procurement services and provides related systems-strengthening technical assistance encompassing all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. To successfully achieve its objectives, GHSC-PSM Guinea requires the support of a Senior Management Information Systems (MIS) Advisor as part of the implementing team.
The Senior Management Information Systems (Sr. MIS) Advisor will be based in Conakry, Guinea, to support the USAID GHSC-PSM project. He/She will be responsible for assisting the Country Director with continued development and implementation to support the computerization of the central warehouse (PCG) with the continued use of SAGE, the customization of DHIS2 to support the Logistic Management Information System (LMIS) functions, the customization of the electronic logistic information system (e-SIGL) for continual improvements, and provide technical support to the logistic management section at the Ministry of Health.
The key goals for the position include:
- Providing project management support for MIS and system strengthening
- Developing and supporting the MIS system options to be maintained by GHSC-PSM
- Promoting standards across MIS systems to support interoperability of systems
- Coordinating with the global MIS team for system integration to increase supply chain data visibility
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior MIS Advisor will lead the cross-functional teams in the design, evolution and delivery of pharmaceutical management solutions. The individual will play a lead role within the GHSC- PSM project working with the Technical Director, the Technical Advisor, the M&E Manager, and the Regional Technical Advisors in designing and developing interventions to improve the use of data for decision making. Additionally, the individual will lead teams in evaluating systems and identifying gaps in functionality, monitoring and tracking the use of supply chain solutions across GHSC-PSM Guinea. The Senior MIS Advisor is responsible for all aspects of solution definition, solution development, internal and external stakeholder management, and responding to the client. The individual must have a proven background in software development lifecycle management and successfully implementing solutions across Africa. The candidate must have excellent communication skills, be able to create and effectively present a solution vision for internal and external stakeholders, and be self-motivated.
- Lead and manage technical assistance for MIS system strengthening to support GHSCPSM Guinea
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the GHSC-PSM Guinea portfolio of software solutions to strengthen availability of information to support decision making This includes the following areas: o Requirement documents and functional specifications
o System(s) development o System(s) implementation o Interface with legacy systems
- Development and implementation of a training program to improve use and analysis of available data
- Provide technical oversight to vendor supported activities to ensure delivery of high- quality products, in accordance with the specifications; ensure user compliance to specifications and recommendations
- Provide on-the-ground monitoring and document progress towards achieving project’s/country results using performance indicators
- Develop and manage user trainings, update and maintain all technical project related documentations
- With direction from the GHSC-PSM Guinea country director, liaise with USAID to share information and ensure stakeholders are routinely informed about MIS activities
- Identify new technologies, functionality, hardware to continuously refine GHSC-PSM’s strategy and solution portfolio to promote sustainability and interoperability
- Support and promote standards for IT systems supported by GHSC-PSM to encourage interoperability among relevant systems
- Assist with the development of GHSC-PSM Guinea work plans, monitoring progress against the work plan deliverables, and reporting requirements
- Assist to identify opportunities and coordinate the project’s work with other partners Other duties as assigned
- University degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, or other relevant discipline is required. Bachelor/License required and Master preferred.
- Relevant information technology certifications related to MIS and/or systems strengthening activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain management, logistics systems, data warehousing, business intelligence, and data visualization considerations preferred.
- Any other technical areas relevant to management information systems.
- Knowledge of contract management, intellectual property and USAID guidelines.
- Experience working in low-income settings implementing information technology solutions preferred.
- History of actively participating alongside a large high-performing team of IT professionals to suggest and implement workable solutions.
- Ability to work with external stakeholders in implementing complex programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Proficiency in written and spoken French and English required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Experience working long-term (one year or more) in low-income countries preferred.
Location of Assignment
The location of assignment is Conakry, Guinea. Intermittent in-country travel may be required.
The Senior MIS Advisor will report directly to the Country Director or his/her designee.
Please send your CV and cover letter by September 22, 2020 to GuineaPSMPMU@ghsc-psm.org
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.